Wednesday 9 March 2011

The albums of RITA PAVONE

This blog started out as a vehicle to express my opinions about albums recorded by Italian singer Rita Pavone. As I live in Brazil, I have based my research on albums released in this country. It spans from October 1963, when Brazilian RCA Victor released Pavone’s first album, up to 1967, when RCA Italiana released ‘Little Rita nel West’ her last album before she switched record labels going to Ricordi.

I have reviewed 6 albums released in Brazil; 4 albums released in Italy; one in the USA; one in Germany and one in Argentina. My point-of-view is the basis for these reviews. It is only my personal opinion which is mostly main-stream but sometimes may also be outrageous. I don’t have to make sense although I have tried to be as fair as possible.

I confess I have been a dedicated fan of Rita Pavone’s ever since I saw her on Brazilian TV on a Thursday night, 25 June 1964. I took an active role in a  Brazilian Rita Pavone Fan-Club until 1967. After that, I guess, I grew up and moved along to other interests. I still look upon those days with a wistful longing and I love to write about 'them good old days'.

I’ve chosen 11 albums to ‘review’. They are the ones I’ve owned at some time or other in the course of my life. I have skipped ‘compilation albums’ even though 1966's ‘Ci vuole poco’ could be qualified as such.

I sincerely welcome all kinds of comments coming from you, readers. If you agree or disagree about a song or opinon, please, leave a note saying so. Thank you so much for your visit.

Toto Faria.
Rita Pavone's albums released in Brazil between 1963 and 1967.
Rita's Greatest Hits released in Peru is not reviewed here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment